Day 20: All in the Family
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. - Galatians 6:10
So what is your ministry? We’ve looked at the whole spectrum of ministry possibilities:
- Ministry for teaching, physical needs, or spiritual needs
- Ministry to Christians on non-Christian seekers, passers-by, or skeptics?
- Ministries that confront and ministries or that comfort?
We’ve seen, in the paralyzed man’s friends, some of the requirements for ministry: faith in God’s power and willingness to act even if it seems crazy. We’ve seen how God blessed and multiplied their efforts.
God gives us gifts, talents, and strengths to use us in the local church ministry. No one can do everything, and most people focus their efforts in a few areas. That’s good! The Apostle Paul calls the church a family, where all the family works together for the good of everyone. All the different roles, but for the family to work well, everyone needs to be doing something.
Your North Valley church family has some special ministry opportunities. Please contact Pastor Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our greatest needs at the new campus is help on the grounds crew and facilities team, but there are other opportunities available too. Let us help you find your place to participate!
Questions for discussion and reflection
- Do you have a ministry in the church family?
- What are the gifts and talents you could be using to serve God through our church?
- Are you serving in a ministry at North Valley? Check out the opportunities and join a team today! http://www.northvalleychurch.org/ministries
Dear God, thank you for opportunities to serve. You can make the smallest actions great for the sake of your church. Help us to do our part to serve in our church family called North Valley!
In Jesus’ name, amen.