United Part 18: We Need Hope
Topic: Romans Scripture: Galatians 8:17–8:27
WE NEED HOPE...
- I need a HOPE in CHRIST and not my CIRCUMSTANCES
- We too live often WITHOUT the END IN MIND
- We need a HOPE for FUTURE GLORY
 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
Glorification: The final step in the application of redemption. It will happen when Christ returns and raises from the dead the bodies of all believers for all time who have died, and reunites them with their souls, and changes the bodies of all believers who remain alive, thereby giving all believers at the same time perfect resurrection bodies like his own. - Dr. Wayne Grudem
HOLD ON TO HOPE...
#1 HOPE took HOLD of you
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philippians 3:12
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
2) What you SEE will not always BE (19-23)
 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope  that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.  For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.  And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
- Creation is under a curse because of sin and will be released and renewed
- Our bodies will be fully redeemed and glorified without sin
3) God, who had no NEED out of love chose to REDEEM
- Inherited sinful corruption was the consequences of man’s rebellion
WE CAN HOLD ON TO HOPE...
#1 REVIEW your story
 For in this hope we were saved.
- Write out your personal testimony
- Tell others about your story
- Remind others of their progress
#2 RENEW your patience
Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?  But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
- God’s word renews the mind (Romans 12:2)
- God always keeps his promises (Numbers 23:19)
#3 RELY on the Holy Spirit
 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.  And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
- We can pray when have problems
- We have help from holy spirit
WE HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE