Great Marriages: How to Serve Your Spouse
Day 1: How to Serve Your Spouse – Introduction
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.
—I Peter 4:10 ESV
Over the next seven days, North Valley’s prayer team will be praying for you and your marriage. Each day you will receive a special devotional that will help you serve and better understand your spouse. In this series, you will learn how to serve your spouse in three keys areas of his/her life.
Husbands will learn…
- How to better serve your wife emotionally.
- How to better serve your wife spiritually.
- How to better serve your wife physically.
Wives will learn…
- How to better serve your husband emotionally.
- How to better serve your husband spiritually.
- How to better serve your husband physically.
To best help you, Pastor Ryan has teamed up with gifted devotional writer and speaker, Sara Beekman. Sara is a local legend at North Valley. She is best known for her prayer, outreach, and awesome neighborhood groups. She is, for sure, “the hostess with the mostess.” Sara will be writing to the women. She is known for her encouraging and winsome heartfelt love for people! The greatest love of her life outside of Jesus has been, by far, her late husband Gene. Gene has gone to be with the Lord, but his ministry lives on through Sara. They were married for 35 years and have ministered to hundreds of young married couples!
Pastor Ryan will be writing to the men, so his tone will not be as soft or as kind as it would be for the ladies. You'll find his writing and devotionals helpful, biblical, practical, and to the point. He’s been married for 13 years and still going strong!
We trust that you will be greatly encouraged and exhorted to serve your spouse more and more like Jesus has served His bride, the Church. We have included a small resource list that you may want to look at for further learning.
GREAT MARRIAGE RESOURCE LIST
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Staying Close by Dennis and Barbra Rainy
- Real Marriage by Mark and Grace Driscoll
- Intimate Issues by Linda Dillow
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
Best Marriage Conference in AZ
- Family Life Marriage Conference in Scottsdale, AZ June 28-30, 2019. Email Leslie@northvalleychurch.org to find out how to get a discount!
North Valley’s Marriage Daily Devotionals
- How to Serve Your Spouse: 7 Day Devotional Series by Ryan Rice and Sara Beekman on the church blog.
We want to encourage you today to take a few minutes to discuss a few things with one another.
- Do we want to read all the devotionals together or apart?
- How can you pray for one another this week?
- How you can serve your spouse this week?
"Lord, thank you for my marriage. It’s a gift when done right. I pray, Lord, that you would help me to better serve my spouse with love of Christ. Help me to reflect your love to the world around by investing more time, money, and energy into my marriage! Lord, I need your help. Help me today to depend on you, to wait on you, to trust in you, and to live for you! Help me to set apart time for prayer, reading, and discussion to strengthen our marriage! To Christ be the glory in my marriage. In Jesus’ name, amen!"