Daily Devo - More Spirit and Less Stress - Day 5
DAY 5: WHAT’S THE RESULT OF BEING FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT?
“...Be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
Ephesians 5:18b-21, ESV
In this last devotional for the week, I want you to see just how wonderful a life of being filled by the Holy Spirit is, with scriptural support taken mostly from the context of the Apostle Paul writing to the church in Ephesus.
Too many of us go far too long without being really filled up on God’s presence and power. We are operating on fumes and will power. I want to help you grasp the result of what it might look like to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
If you are being filled with the Holy Spirit on an ongoing basis, you may experience many of the following results:
- You will better live like Jesus – Ephesians 5:1
- You will better live more in His light – Ephesians 5:8
- You will live more wisely in crazy times – Ephesians 5:15
- You will make better use of your time - Ephesians 5:16
- You will better understand what the Lord’s will is – Ephesians 5:17
- You won’t want to get drunk – Ephesians 5:18
- You will want to fill your life more with worship and pray more – Ephesians 5:19
- You will have more harmony in your home and hearts – Ephesians 5:19
- You will have a greater attitude of gratitude – Ephesians 5:20
- You will go easier on each other – Ephesians 5:21
- You will more easily submit to godly leadership – Ephesians 5:21
- You will experience more victory over demonic opposition – Ephesians 6:10
- You will receive more spiritual gifts to use in the church – I Corinthians 12:11
- You will gain more understanding or revelation of God in your life – Ephesians 1:17
- You will be able to live a higher level of holiness in your life – Romans 8:13
- You will become fruitful in your spiritual life – Galatians 5:22
- You will see more answers to your prayers – Ephesians 6:18
- You will have more fruitfulness at work, home, and church – Zechariah 4:6
- You will definitely experience more peace and less stress in life – Romans 8:6
In closing, don’t forget what Jesus said: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you” (John 14:27). How was he going to do that? Yes, that’s right, the Holy Spirit would be sent to help, and that’s exactly what we need each and every day, the Holy Spirit’s power and presence to fill our lives. During the time of this pandemic, you and I must find peace. While we are socially distant, God is spiritually present in the person and the work of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
More in North Valley Community Blog
August 6, 202112 Ways To Become A Great Student As An Act Of Worship
August 4, 2021Keep It Fresh!
May 8, 2021Ten Ways to Care for Orphans