COVID-19 Update #3
Dear North Valley Family and Friends,
We hope you enjoyed our services this Sunday, whether you listened in online or you joined us in person on our campus. As we discussed in our previous e-mails and during our Sunday services, Ephesians 5:15-16, 2 Timothy 1:7, and I Peter 3:15 have been key verses in guiding our prayers and decisions about public gatherings at North Valley. We also discussed that this is a constantly evolving situation and we would continue to monitor the guidelines and recommendations as they were updated.
As of early Monday afternoon, President Trump and federal health officials have released new guidelines to include the recommendation to cancel or postpone gatherings with 10 or more people.
In conjunction with the state-wide closure of Arizona schools through March 27, 2020, we have made the decision to cancel all public, in-person gatherings larger than 10 people or more on our campus through at least March 29th.
While the community spread is still classified as minimal in Arizona, we have decided to honor God by honoring those in authority over us and again prioritize the safety of our community by following the recommendations from the state, and then some.
We will be busy this week working to create our online services to continue to move forward in our ministries and mission efforts. We will communicate where and how you can best utilize these resources to stay connected via email and our website. Please be on the lookout for weekly emails from our staff team with updates.
Remember the church is not a building to attend, but a movement to be part of! The church is made up of the people of God committed to share and show the love Christ to the community and beyond.
Despite not meeting together as a congregation, we are asking you to join us in staying engaged and active within the NV Family. We encourage at some level to continue to Gather, to Grow together, and to Go into areas of ministry and mission by using your Time, Talent, Treasure, Testimony, and Teamwork! This may include things like:
- Time: Consider hosting a Neighborhood Group or small group in your home or maybe outside (within the limits of the recommended 10 people). Maybe host a small watch party online to attend our online service at 10am on Sundays. You may want to stay home and watch the service by yourself or with your family on Sunday. We are here to help! This may be an incredible opportunity for you to reach out to your family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors with the love of Jesus Christ and offer a safe place to grow as thousands of churches are not gathering for larger setting we can gather in smaller settings.
- Talent: You can offer your services at North Valley to help facilitate the numerous things going on in our community, at the office or on campus to continue our missions ministry outside of the larger public gatherings.
- Treasure: Continue or start your online giving participation! Learn more or give at https://www.northvalleychurch.org/give
- Testimony: Be in prayer and be prepared to give an answer for the HOPE that lies within you as many will be frightened and seeking answers in this uncertain time.
- Teamwork: This means being part of a team of people that will find unique ways to use your gifts for ministry and missions efforts.
Again, medical experts have made it clear that there are individuals who are more vulnerable to severe symptoms due to various age and health considerations, and because we care deeply for you and your health, we ask that you please participate in worship services online and enact social distancing, even from smaller groups, if any of the following applies to you:
- Experiencing any, even mild, flu-like symptoms, for example, cough, congestion, sneezing, or fever
- Have had any, even mild, flu-like symptoms that have not been resolved for at least 72 hours
- Live with, work with, or have been exposed to anyone with even mild, flu-like symptoms
- Over 60 years of age with any chronic medical condition like diabetes, heart disease, asthma or COPD
- Immuno-compromised for any reason
- Have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Traveled recently in any high-risk area of the world
In closing, I want to encourage you to pray right now like the Psalmist … “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’” North Valley, in times of trouble we’re challenged more than ever to Trust God. He is good and He is in control. Let’s move forward in faith!
To Christ be the glory in the North Valley and beyond!