BlackLivesMatters.com | What Do They Believe?
DAY 5 | BlackLivesMatters.com | What Do They Believe?
According to the Black Lives Matter website, they say the following about themselves and their beliefs.
- “We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.”
- “We…dismantle cisgender (Identity corresponds with birth sex) privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women.”
- “We dismantle the patriarchal practice (Male headship, leadership in the church and the home) that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.”
- “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure (Male and Female married to one another who have and raise children as a family unit).”
- “We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking.”
As a Christian if you don’t see major problems with this, you should. All of these statements are antithetical to the Bible. In other words, these ideas directly oppose the Christian theology from a Biblical perspective, which I will address further. But for now, let’s look at what the Founder has to say regarding the goal of the movement. If you don’t think it’s political, you’re wrong!
CNN Interview | BLM Movement Plans to Push Trump Out!
In an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Cullors was asked, “How do you think Biden matches up compared to President Trump when it comes to these issues that are important to you?”
“Well, um, hands down, Trump not only needs to not be in office in November, but he should resign now. Trump needs to be out of office, he is not fit for office.”
Trained Marxists who want to get President Trump out of office? Do those protesting who actually do want the noble notion of justice and peace understand the true agenda of the organizers? “What we are going to push for is a move to get Trump out,” said Cullors.
As I talk with leaders and people involved in the movement, I have come to discover that many if not the majority of those involved with the BLM at some level don’t really know it’s political agenda and it’s dangerous ideology. With that being said, tomorrow, I will share what’s wrong with the BLM movement from a Biblical perspective.