There’s only one place in the Bible where God told his followers to test him. In the book of Malachi, when teaching about generosity, God said, “Test me in this and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven.” It’s a step of faith. When it comes to our finances, what God really wants is for us to trust him with our whole hearts.
"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need."
Tithing is a giving principle that teaches us to give the first 10% of our income to the local church; it is one of the most tangible ways we worship God. It declares that He is first in our lives and opens our hearts to His plan. We believe wholeheartedly that God blesses those who give generously, so if you’re not tithing already, we want to issue a challenge: Take the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. Tithe for three months and trust God with the rest. If you don’t start to see a transformation in your heart or in your life, we will refund 100% of your tithe, no questions asked.
Let’s trust Him and watch what He does.
I’m Ready to Take the 90-Day Tithe Challenge
I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period, my household will contribute to God, through North Valley Community Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. If I tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to the promises of Malachi 3, North Valley Community Church will refund 100% of my tithe.
1. I understand this form must be completed, submitted and received by our financial team prior to my first donation during the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
2. I understand my household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing for the last six months.
3. I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of my 90-Day Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
4. I understand any request for a refund must be received by Pastor Ryan within 30 days of the end of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
5. I understand if giving by cash, a giving envelope must be completed so that my gift can be properly credited.
6. If paying online, I understand I must log in prior to paying my tithe, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
By submitting this online form, you are agreeing to the terms and beginning the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. If you have any questions, please email Ryan here.